Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Skins and other indispensible gear

I just got in the mail my new Skins. I actually got a pair of long sleeve top and tights last Oct 1 at the Expo before the Twin Cities Marathon, but I bought the new model A400 and didn't care for them much, so I returned them and exchanged them for the Sport model.

So today seems chilly enough to take them for a spin. Two-plus laps around lake Calhoun with Sharon, Mike and Anita seem like the perfect opportunity to do my last long run (8 miles) before the Rails to Trails marathon next weekend.

I will spare my readers a picture of me wearing the skins and simply post the images from the vendor website.


The other "indispensable" piece of equipment that I just ordered is not so much for me, but really for you, my readers. I just ordered a digital camera to take on my runs and races so I can take still images and video to post on this blog. Yes, you are welcome and no, you didn't have to get me anything. I am doing this for you all.

To make this possible, I searched for the smallest possible camera that I can carry while running. After a lot of research, my selection was the GSI GSPS8 (pictured below). This thumb-size wonder is capable of 2 mega pixel images, has a 8 GB built-in memory and can be expanded by another 16 GB with a micro SDHC flash memory card. It is a high-definition digital camera a video camcorder and a voice recorder all in one device. If that is not enough, total weight is 1.8 oz. Ain't technology great?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Technology...

    Here's your next purchase: http://www.looxcie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that. It was listed as CNN's one of 2010 best inventions. Not sure I am interested in video just yet. When I bought mine I knew that i'd be a mater of time before they will come smaller, better and cheaper, so decided not to spend too much money on it.

    ReplyDelete