Monday, October 18, 2010

Crab cakes! (with the help of Jenelle)

Who doesn't like crab cakes? Yesterday we made some great ones. And I'd like to share the recipe, but I only have part of it... See, what happened is that last Friday we had our Third Friday Happy Hour in the building. Everybody brings some wine and an appetizer to share. Jenelle brought this unbelievably good crab dip. I don't know the ingredients but given the taste it must include love, motherhood and world peace. As for the rest, I can't really say.

Lucky for me, there was some left over and Jenelle and Spencer were leaving town the next day, so I was offered to take the leftovers home. We had some of that with crackers Saturday and by Sunday, with fear that it'd go bad, I decided to make crab cakes.

So I can't take much credit for them. However to all that goodness, I added the following: egg, cilantro, some chiles that I got from Rosemary, panko breadcrumbs, a couple of slices of French bread in larger chunks, a little Worcestershire, a little Cholula sauce, salt and pepper. We then fried them in goat butter and added a some homemade mayo.

Paired with a Heineken, the result was just the perfect appetizer for an evening playing cards.

Many thanks Jenelle and Spencer!

No comments:

Post a Comment