Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cold schedule

Next weekend is the Big Woods Run, so I decided to get a nasty cold this week in which my training scheduled called for no miles anyway. Seemed like a good opportunity. One I didn't want to miss.

With the races I have planned for this fall, I didn't want to risk being healthy through the fall. The fact that I am getting a flu shot sometime mid-October also limited my possible cold schedule. Had I waited until after the flu shot, getting a cold would have required much more effort. Really, who wants to be searching for the right strain of the virus that is not covered by this year's shot? While I am usually very successful at that, There is always risk that I may not find it this year.


2 comments:

  1. Have hope! I take my hat off (and maybe my gloves, too!) to you, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lena. The good wishes did it. I am fully recovered right on time for my 1/2 Marathon run....

    ReplyDelete