Saturday, September 4, 2010

Try and stop me... this is effortless running!

What a difference a few degrees makes! Earlier this week we were still hitting high eighties, and probably mid sixties in the morning when I hit the road for a few miles. This morning I went for my usual 4-mile Saturday warmup run and wow! It felt cold. Turns out it was about 45 degrees.

My warmup run is in preparation for my long runs on Sunday and I am not supposed go hit it hard. 9:30 min/miles is appropriate for those runs. I did 8:35 and it was completely effortless. I kept trying to slow down, but it felt just too good. I took a new route that ended doing about a mile by the railroad tracks of Union Yard, behind the new Gopher stadium. What a beautiful run.

Tomorrow my schedule calls for a mere six miles. If temperature remains cool, it will be difficult to keep it that short.

No comments:

Post a Comment