Sunday, September 26, 2010

Last long run before TCM

Next weekend is the Twin Cities Marathon (TCM). My fourth TCM and my 10th marathon overall. That means this weekend is my last long run. Within an hour I will hit the road for 8 miles. Weather could not be better. 44 degrees and hardly any wind at all.

Unfortunately 8 miles is a strange number for me, I don't have a route for that distance, so I think I will head downtown and get lost there until I get close to hitting 8miles and then head back home.

Excitement is building up.

Post-run report: Run went very well. Ended up doing 8.25 miles at 8:49 pace. See details here. What's more, when I wrote the run mileage on my log, I realized I am about to hit 6,000 KM since I started tracking my miles (which is nearly since I started running a little over 4 years ago. I am exactly 14.6 KM from that milestone. With the schedule I have, I should hit that right at the beginning of the Twin Cities Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment