Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Runs 4 Food in Redmond, WA

Traveling for business in Redmond, WA is a good opportunity to eat at a new place and run in a new area. Dinner last night was at Matts' Rotisserie and Oyster Lounge Bar. After sharing some oysters with the colleagues traveling with me, I ordered a wedge salad (pictured at right), and a halibut taco.

The salad was delicious. I have always liked the way wedge salads are presented. A lazily quartered wedge of iceberg lettuce with dressing even more lazily poured on top. Still, it works. Mine came with some nicely grilled prawns. Charred outside, tender and just cooked inside. The taco is nothing to write about. The corn tortilla was good, but the halibut was too small and a tad dry.

The run was pretty good. Redmond, where I come for business a couple of times a year has a col temperature and nice hills. I did 4.01 miles at 9:06 min/mile pace. Given the inclines I encountered, I am happy to call it a tempo pace. For details on the run, follow this link.

Tomorrow I am running my last run with these shoes, which won't make it back to Minneapolis. I will make sure to write about this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment