Sunday, September 19, 2010

Harmon Farms 10 miler Trail Run - Race report

Pretty awesome run. Within a few minutes I felt winded. I thought I was going to do terrible, but as soon as we left the grass and started running on dirt, things changed. I must have started too fast. In fact I did the entire 10 miles pretty fast (for me anyway). I averaged 8:20 per mile, a speed I don't usually do even on paved road.

Large portion sof the run were single file, so as soon as you got to more open areas you'd get people passing you. I ended the 10 miles in 1:23:22. You can see the route here. As expected, the GPS shows a shorter distance. The quick turns part of the trail race are lost in the surveys made by the device. I am told that the 9.32 miles shown on my run were actually 10 miles.

Unfortunately, this is a small race, so there was no photographer to document my participation and I didn't have anybody to cheer, so the best I could do was photoshop a close approximation of what I may have looked like crossing the finish line.

A fun fact about the race was that I was given bib # 333 and ended up in 33rd place. Good thing I wasn't given a bib # 1. The pressure would have been too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment