Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fideuá

Fideuá is a Spanish dish reminiscent of a seafood paella, but made with pasta instead of rice.  I attempted it last weekend and I have to say it came out beautifully.  What really made it was the fish stock, which rather than just using a little bit of fish sauce and water or buying the stock from the grocery store, I made it myself using some tilapia, a small lobster tail, some salmon and the shells from the shrimp that would be used for the fideuá (OK... I added a little bit of lobster base).  So, $15 later, I had two quarts of a pretty amazing fish stock.  I think totally worth it.  It could have been served as a seafood consommé. 

The other ingredients?  Some Chilean sea bass, shrimp, clams and mussels galore, red bell pepper, tomatoes, saffron and tumeric and of course, the pasta.  All cooked in the paella pan.  

Definitely a dish I have to try again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment