Saturday, July 30, 2011

50x50

Do I dare to post a long term running goal online?  Once it is out it seems I am on the hook to try to make it...  OK, here it goes.  My goal is to complete 50 marathons by the age of 50.  I don't need to do it by the time my birthday comes, but I must have 50 under my belt, before the year of that birthday is up.

I have 14 so far (plus another two planned for 2011) and am turning 43 this year.  That means I will need to run 5 marathons a year for the next 7 years and not miss more than one.

Can I do it?  Well, with the two remaining I will complete 5 in 2011 and did 5 in 2008 and 4 in 2010.  I did just two in 2009 because I started branching into triathlons (it didn't take), but now that I am set on just doing marathons I think I can keep up with that goal as long as my body holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment