Saturday, July 30, 2011

80+ & 80+

Minneapolis is steaming and that has given me the opportunity to do some 80+ & 80+ runs.  That is, runs at over 80 degrees and 80% humidity.  Surprisingly I have been enjoying it.  True, my runs have been at 5 AM and in some cases, like last Sunday when I had to run a 20 miler, I left at 4 AM to put as many miles behind me as I could before the sun came up.

By the time I finish, I am usually drenched in sweat (I usually don;t even sweat that much) and have the steamy feeling of a sauna a I stretch next to home.  I almost understand those who like running summer marathons.

Then I remember the sun.  I can take the 80+ & 80+ as long as the sun is not there.  It may be the vampire in me, but the sun seems to draw away a lot of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment