Sunday, April 3, 2011

Got Lucky!

Barely a week after our return from Tokyo we run the second of five events part of the Team Ortho Monster Series, the Get Lucky 21K (really a half marathon).  It was a cold morning which is good for running.  In fact it was so good that I ended up finishing with a PR.  That's right, I beat my best half marathon time by nearly four minutes!

I have run exactly 13.1 miles nine times (7 of them were official races, the other two training runs).  My finish time at the Get Lucky was 1:48:18.  My previous best time was 1:51:56 (or 3'39" slower) on a training run.  My half marathon race PR prior to that was 1:53:33 at the 2010 Big Woods Run Half Marathon giving me an improvement of 5'16"!!


Perhaps radiation leaking from our recent visit to Japan is to be blamed (you know, superhero style, as in the effect radiation had on Dr Bruce Banner or Peter Parker), not that I'd like to make light of the tragedy still developing and that is affecting the beautiful people of Japan, a population that doesn't need any radiation to be superheroes.  They are proving so on the way they are handling themselves during these events.

No comments:

Post a Comment