Saturday, April 16, 2011

Change of Heart

Before finally deciding to drop off the race, I call Bridget.  Bridget is an Ironman finisher, as tough as runners come.  She is the person I can count on when I need bad advice ;-)

It takes me under five minutes on the phone to decide that the pain in my ankle is no reason to stay away from the trail.  "Just pop a dozen ibuprofens and take it easy on the run" is her advice.  Pretty much what I wanted to hear.  So while I will pass on the ibuprofen overdose, I think I will attempt the Trail Mix 25K after all.  

No sooner than I make that choice, the weather forecast starts turning south.  33 degrees (feels like 25), windy (up to 21 mph) and snow showers.  Too late now, the decision has been made.  I will hit the trail in less than 3 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! No reason to start doing the rational thing now. ;)

    I hope that I was at least in the running for the honor of giving the best (worst?) bad advice. It is a point of pride for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were definitely in the running... I was just worried that if I called you instead of the 12 ibuprofens you'd had me eating some chia seeds. There is a limit to how crazy I want to go. Chia seeds belong on clay figurines sold on the Home Shopping Network and nowhere else!

    ReplyDelete