Thursday, December 2, 2010

Squeezing a last one outside

Last weekend I had to log 14 miles and the weather was just on the brink of cold. With a high of 27, I thought it was a last opportunity to squeeze a last run out in my shorts.

Fourteen miles call for a run around lake Calhoun. From home that is just under 13 miles. If I add a detour on the way back, I can easily make it 14.

It was a great run. With little effort I managed to average 8:39 per mile. I run a cross a few other runners (some still in shorts, like me). It was a good way to say goodbye to outdoor running. At least until my next (indoor) marathon.

So from this point on, it's all indoors. The dreaded treadmill will be my friend to help me develop the thick skin and tolerance for misery I will need to run 26.2 at St Olaf College.

The first small test is this weekend which calls for 8 miles. The next weekend I will have to do 23 on the treadmill. My last long run before the January 9 marathon.

Gotta go to work. Safe trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment