Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good bye Nirvana, Hello Nirvana - A new Retirement Run

Yesterday I run my last four miles with my pair of Mizuno Wave Nirvanas. Following my tradition, I put 400 miles on every pair of shoes and then retire them. My last retirement was September 15th (a pair of Kayanos). That doesn't mean I have run 400 miles since that date. I rotate 4 or 5 pairs of shoes and these ones were well on their way.

For some reason I used to consider my Nirvana's trainers and didn't get much race time. Still, they managed my last Rails to Trails Marathon and completed two of my three legs on the last Ragnar relay.

It didn't take long for them to disappear. Soon after their last run, I received the picture below from W Nirvana, left, who is enjoying the white sandy beaches of Hawaii. Right seems to be nowhere to be found, so it was either taking the picture, of they had a fallout.

The Nirvanas will be replaced in the rotation by a new pair of Nirvanas (6th generation), which have been patiently waiting in the box since the last big discount at Run n' Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment