Sunday, October 2, 2011

2011 TCM mini-report

Just finished my 5th Twin Cities Marathon (15th overall) with an official chip time of 4:09:01.  Very much within my range lately.  I was very happy with the time.  While the weather was not too warm the sun was out for nearly the entire race and that tends to slow me down.  It does not seem it had much effect this time around.

I set my Garmin's virtual partner to a 9:00 min/mile pace and expected to fall behind not to late after the 1/2.  Instead I was able to stay ahead of that pace until mile 21.  Very much a surprise.  Then the Summit hill, the sun and overall exertion took over and I slowed down consideranly breaking into more than a few mini walks.  The overall pace was 9:30.  Again, I am happy overall.

Thanks go to Tim and Joy who gave me encouragement twice during the race (I am sure than more than that, I just didn't see them) and to Hugh and Mary, who were at the Franklin bridge (mile 19) and took the picture below.


No comments:

Post a Comment