Saturday, July 24, 2010

The upcoming 23

Training schedule calls for 23 miles tomorrow morning :-( :-)

Part of me is excited. I love those long runs. They are really what i train for. The other part is concerned that it is too hot and it may turn out to be a lousy or disappointing run. This will be my last seriously long run before Ragnar. Finishing in less than 9:30 min/mile average would be a great boost.

Post run report: Good run. Did my usual route to Lake Calhoun and went almost 5 times around before turning back the way I came. Completed 23 miles in 3:35:12 (average 9:21 min/miles). I even managed to do negative splits. A rare things for me. Perhaps I am maturing as a runner. You know,... getting wiser with age (of after a sufficient number 0f miles). I am definitely ready for Ragnar. For details about my run follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment