Sunday, July 18, 2010

A tenner with Rob and Mel

My running schedule was calling for 8 miles this morning. Rob and Mel (on the picture at the right driving last year's Ragnar van #2) emailed and invited me to join them on a 10 mile run. I am meeting them at their place at 6:00 AM. That means, if I want to make a couple of posting on my blog (my readers demand it :-), I am going to have to get up at 4:30. So that's what I did. We are going to drive to the lakes and run there. I've always found it funny to drive to a place to go for a run... Weather forecast calls for 69 degrees and 10% chance of rain. If it wasn't for the 90+ humidity, it would be a perfect summer morning run. But I am not complaining. As Rob says, "any day you can run 10 miles is a good day" (the number itself changes, but the sentiment remains the same).

Post run note: We ended up doing 9.84 miles at 9:14 min/mile pace. Pretty awesome run! The cloud cover kept it cool enough even if humidity was high. You can see details on the run here. Congrats to Mel on her new awesome job!

No comments:

Post a Comment