Saturday, June 25, 2011

Team Ortho Minneapolis 1/2 Marathon

Man, was I happy on sticking with my decision not to run a full marathon again on a summer day.  I made that decision a year ago after having a miserable run at the Team Ortho Minneapolis Marathon.  In fact, at the time, the decision had been never to run another marathon.  However, once the fog left my head (or perhaps came back) the decision was modified to never run another summer marathon.

So this year I did the half and truly enjoyed it.  Not only that, but I did fairly well not quite hitting a PR, but getting a second or third best on that distance finishing in 1:49:56 (route).  What's more, I was in the 86 percentile.  This is huge for me, used to finishing just above the 50 percentile in my age group.

Kudos go to Team Ortho.  By far the best organizers of races in the Twin Cities with the best gear.  Clearly practice makes perfect.  These guys are busy...

Running right in front of the Phoenix on Main Street

No comments:

Post a Comment