Sunday, March 27, 2011

Going out with a bang!

I put about 400 miles on my shoes I get rd of them and try not to do any long runs with them as they are reaching the end of their life to minimize injuries.

I broke a couple of those rules with my Orange Kayano 15.  This shoes were close enough to retirement so that I could take them for the Tokyo Marathon and then run a few more runs while in Japan to allow me to leave them behind and leave some room in the suitcase for whatever we bought (I buy we did, man).

Maybe I got lazy, maybe I was just enjoying Japan too much, but we really didn't run any days after the marathon (two full weeks), so that race ended up being the retirement run for this shoes.  They truly went out with a bang!  They also got early retirement, since not having room for them in our luggage, they were left behind a good 30 miles short of the usual 400 miles.

No sweat, they were replaced with a pair of minimalistic Adidas AdiZero, which are very fun to run with.  Soon after our return, I also retired a pair of Mizuno Wave Nirvana 6 with only 49 miles in them.  They really rubbed my right little toe the wrong way even on short runs, so I gave them to a friend who has the same shoe size and was just about to go shopping for a new pair.  You know... reduce, reuse, recycle :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment