Saturday, January 8, 2011

Team Ortho's 2011 Polar Dash

Sharon and I signed up for the 2011 Team Ortho Monster Series. The series is a total of five races including (as selected during registration) , a 10K, a duathlon, and three half marathons.

As a side note I will say that I passed on signing up for the full Minneapolis Marathon and instead selected the 1/2 marathon option. This race takes place in June and last year it was in the mid to high sixties. I like running in the low 40's, so I was pretty miserable and almost decided to stop running marathons altogether.

After the runner's amnesia sunk in, I decided to instead stop running summer marathons and keep running them in cooler weather. Speaking of cooler weather, the first race of the series was the Polar Dash. A 10k on January 11. A very cool 17 below windchill. Even so, had a ball. We run it with Mike and Anita and then Sharon and I headed to Elsie's for breakfast. A bowling alley in Northeast that has one of the best good ol' American breakfasts around.


Anyway, tomorrow I am heading to run Zoom! Yah! Yah!, the indoor marathon at St Olaf College. Less than 24 hours later we will be on a plane to Mexico for a well deserved retreat. It may take some time for me to provide a race report for that race.

No comments:

Post a Comment